The DJBooth has partnered with TheDrumBroker.com for a truly remarkable remix contest for all up and coming producers! Choosing the Prodigy-assisted single, “Uncut Raw,” taken fromm Havoc‘s13 ReloadedLP, we’re giving producers an incredible chance to receive a hefty dose of exposure, in addition to winning a very generous prize package.
Inaddition to having your remix tweeted by Havoc and premiered via Audiomack, TheDrumBroker.com is offering a $1,000.00 shopping spree to be spent on their acclaimed beat kits. The producer behind the winning remix will also receive one 13 Reloaded T-Shirt, signed CD, and poster. Refer to all of the details below, and be sure to enter your email address into the widget below to redeem all of the assets you’ll need to get started (itinerary/schedule included). Good luck!
Please email all submissions to email@example.com no later thanFriday, February 20. Only one submission per producer will be accepted. The files for the remix contest include an MP3 file of the original version of “Uncut Raw” and the WAV file of the acapella. The a cappella file is zero pointed and should synchronize properly with any digital audio workstation. Music should be submitted in an MP3 format and should default to any iTunes media player. The original version of “Uncut Raw” is 88 beats per minute. Song file should be labeled accordingly with song title first, followed by the producer’s name and remix in parenthesis, i.e. ”Uncut Raw (Joe Smith Remix).mp3.”
Due to the high volume of submissions, it becomes very difficult to cross-reference submissions with their corresponding email addresses, and therefore it is imperative that you include your email address in the comment field of the iTunes info panel. In your email, please provide us with your social network URLs (Twitter/Facebook/IG) along with your discography Bio/EPK if applicable. Please include a few sentences about yourself and your production background.
First off, thank you to everyone who submitted a beat. The amount of submissions was INSANE and I was amped so many of y’all got involved. I appreciate the work everyone put into their beats. I heard Marco Polo scratch intros & vintage newport ad samples on a few hahaha. I peeped every single one. A lot of great ideas and creative flips on my sounds. It’s cool to hear how y’all used the kit. Loved it. THANK YOU.
Now….Drum roll please……
Congrats to KIC Beats – Producer for winning my first “Pad Thai” beat making contest. His beat showcased the best drum programming, arrangement, overall knock and + head nod factor. He also used a shit load of sounds from my kit. He listed them all. You can listen to his winning beat below via his soundcloud page and be sure to follow him!
2) Make a beat using any sounds from my drum kit. Of course you can use your own loops, samples, whatever you want just make sure something from Pad Thai is used to construct the beat. I’d prefer it to be obvious but even one sound is fine.
3) Email your best beat to firstname.lastname@example.org (only 1 beat please.) make sure you include your Pad Thai order # and all your info. The deadline for submissions is Monday January 11th, 2015. I will pick the winner (the beat I think is the best) on Friday, January 16th 2015.
The winner receives the following:
1) Any drums & bass sounds from 2 of my productions not included in “Pad Thai” Vol. 1. Just tell me the name of the songs and the drums & bass sounds are yours.
2) I will personally email/submit the winning beat to any rapper you want and let them know you got a banger (within reason of course…y’all know who I work with so please don’t ask for Jay Z or Nas or Kendrick hahaha.)
3) 1 free digital download of any of any album in my catalog.
4) 30 minutes with me in the studio via skype, phone or messenger (not in person, sorry Mischa don’t like guests). You can play me beats and get feedback or ask any production questions you want while I smoke Newports. If you make hot shit I’m happy to help you get your beats to some MC’s. Rappers always need beats.
Let the beat making begin and if you have any questions, please ask them in the comments. Happy Holidays everyone!
We are hosting an Instagram giveaway. The prize is an Akai MPC60II Flash Drive loaded with a grip of samples from www.thedrumbroker.com. Entering is reallllly easy. Post the photo above to your Instagram account. Then copy the following text to your post (make sure you also tag @thedrumbroker in your photo):
Regram this and win a 16GB Akai MPC60II Flash Drive loaded with samples from @thedrumbroker
Free download from the new MSXII Sound Design project, The Soulful Stems 2! Email the track back to email@example.com for your chance to win The Soulful Stems project 2 + an undisclosed MSXII physical product! All submissions due by Thursday, Oct. 16th @ 5pm (CST).
Best track will also be posted on our site/Soundcloud and affiliate networks. Be sure to grab The Soulful Stems 2 project when it drops!
Adonis was born and raised in Drammen Norway. Nils Erik Solberg Aka Adonis started making music at the age of 16. Now 14 years later he has worked with acts such as: Royce da 5″9, Sean Price, Guilty Simpson, Skyzoo, Termanology, Cappadonna, Saigon and more.
You can follow Adonis, The Drum Broker, and Domingo on Twitter here: